No matter what sort of business you run, having the best commercial coffee maker for your customers can make a huge difference. The ability to provide hot, fresh, and consistently brewed coffee to your customers or clients offers comfort and convenience to them and can make your office more appealing. However, with hundreds of coffee makers on the market, choosing the right one for your needs can sometimes be a bit tricky.
As people have different preferences in choosing their coffee, you also need to figure out what features you would want in your coffee maker. A coffee shop needs to have the option to serve various coffee to the customers. However, in the office, every employee has a different taste in coffee. Not only the function of the coffee machine but you also need to consider how many servings the coffeemaker can give. The more the serving machine can make the fewer time people will waste in getting their favorite coffee.
The Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker is our best pick on our list as it brews coffee in less than a minute. It also has an auto turn-off feature that decreases energy wastage. The water reservoir holds 48-ounce water that produces more than 6 cups of coffee without refilling the water. The control panel is easy to use and you can set the desired cup size by pressing the buttons.
The Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Make is on our best budget pick because it can serve 12 at a time. The coffee machine is fully programmable as you set the brew time. It also has space to fit a travel mug. You can set the brew strength as you like and a warming plate at the base of the carafe keeps the coffee for a longer period.
Table of Contents
- Quick Comparison: Top 15 Best Commercial Coffee Makers
- 1. Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker
- 2. Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
- 3. Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker
- 4. Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Thermal Coffee Maker
- 5. BLACK+DECKER CM1160B Programmable Coffeemaker
- 6. Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- 7. Cuisinart SS-15P1 Coffeemaker
- 8. Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
- 9. Calphalon Temp IQ Espresso Machine
- 10. Bunn 33200.0015 VPR-2GD 12-Cup Pour-Over Commercial Coffee Brewer
- 11. Keurig K155 Office Pro Commercial Coffee Maker
- 12. West Bend 33600 Aluminum Commercial Coffee Urn
- 13. Philips 3200 Series Fully Automatic Espresso Machine w/ LatteGo
- 14. Breville BES990BSSUSC Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
- 15. Bunn 13300.003 VP17-3SS3L Pour-Over Commercial Coffee Brewer
- The Essentials to Be Aware of When Purchasing the Best Commercial Coffee Maker
- Types of Coffee Makers for Businesses
- Amount of Coffee That Can Be Made
- Coffee Preferences of Employees and Clients
- Auto shut off feature
- Flexibility in controlling temperature
- Travel mug fits on the maker
- Cleaning accessories
- Level of Convenience with Various Coffee Makers
- Space Available to Accommodate the Coffee Machine
Quick Comparison: Top 15 Best Commercial Coffee Makers
1. Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker
The perfect morning coffee is necessary to start the day at the office and the Keurig K-Classic coffee maker brews the coffee in less than 1 minute. Coffee is consumed as a refreshment and you do not want to waste time making coffee. This coffee maker will brew more than 6 cups at a time and you need to manually turn off the machine.
The coffee maker has straight forward buttons to brew coffee. The mug place is 7.1-inches long that will adjust travel mugs as well. The brewer needs to be cleaned after 3 to 6 months to remove the calcium deposits. However, the internal temperature can not be adjusted as it was set during manufacturing. It does not come with filter attachments.
2. Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
Waking up to a freshly brewed coffee is possible with Hamilton Beach 2-Way brewer coffee maker. A big family will have different preferences in coffee, some will enjoy coffee on the breakfast table where the busy ones will like coffee on their travel mug. This coffee maker not only serves families but also cafes with a large number of customers.
Strength selector is available on the coffee maker that you can change according to your mood. Both the single-serve side and carafe side have individual water reservoirs that will not keep anyone waiting for coffee. It is very easy to operate and has an LCD to display the time and temperature. The hot-warming plate at the bottom of the carafe keeps the coffee hot for a long time.
3. Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker
A quick coffee before meetings is reviving and this coffee maker from Cuisinart serves coffee for 14 people at a time. The buttons are easy to understand and operate. You can set the strength of the brew that will satisfy different tastes of people for coffee.
The coffee maker also comes with Coffee Filter and Charcoal Water Filter. Moreover, the auto shut off option makes life easier as you don't have to worry about turning off the coffee maker. The LCD shows the time and temperature and an indicator is attached to show that the maker needs to decalcify. There is a button for cleaning which reduces the work of cleaning the maker manually.
4. Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Thermal Coffee Maker
Hamilton Beach flexbrew coffee maker offers 3 ways of brewing the perfect coffee. You can use the k cup pods for single-serve, coffee grounds of your favorite flavor or brew 10 cups at a time for people. This coffee maker is great for offices as it will serve coffee to a number of employees or guests at the same time.
The feature we liked about this coffee maker is that the carafe is thermal that keeps the coffee warm for a longer period. The action buttons are easy to understand and pressing on them makes your desired coffee.
Separate water reservoirs are available with easy fill water windows that make coffee brewing easy. Furthermore, the machine has simple programmable features like an auto turnoff, timer, etc.
5. BLACK+DECKER CM1160B Programmable Coffeemaker
For small businesses, this coffee maker from BLACK+DECKER will be suitable as it brews for 12 cups. The feature we like more about this coffee maker is the large readable rubber buttons that are clearly visible for people with bad eyesight. You also pour a cup of coffee in the middle of brewing without spilling on the coffee machine. This is possible as it has an auto-pause option.
Additionally, the maker has a non-stick plate where the carafe is placed to keep the coffee warm for an hour after brewing. It also has a flexible brew basket to brew the perfect cup of coffee. However, it is not suitable to use coffee pods on this machine as it has no coffee pod holder.
6. Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
Freshly brewed coffee from coffee beans has a different aroma compared to previously brewed ones. You might get customers who prefer freshly brewed ones and for that Breville Barista can be of great help. It has a built-in grinder and you can control the grind size the way you want. The water tank can hold 67-ounce water that can brew 10 to 12 cups of coffee.
It also includes single and double shots options to provide the perfect flavor to the coffee. The perfect latte requires the steamed milk and milk foam which can be made with a modern grinding cradle attached to it. However, this coffee maker is suitable for cafes as it does not have any carafe, and espressos or lattes are directly poured into the serving mugs.
7. Cuisinart SS-15P1 Coffeemaker
This coffee maker from Cuisinart is great to carry for outdoor events or picnics as it can serve 12 cups of coffee at the same time. It has a single side brewer and multiple side brewer that can hold 40 ounces and 60-ounce water. The single side server can accommodate 6,8 and 10 ounces k cup pods. You can set the strength of the coffee as you like.
The feature we like about this coffee filter is that it has a charcoal water filter along with a coffee filter. The carafe is made of glass and has a metal handle to give a sturdy grip.
The coffee filter is reusable that decreases your cost of buying the filters. No need to mention that it has a user-friendly control panel and auto-off option. However, there is no mention if you can sneak a cup of coffee before the carafe is filled.
8. Mr. Coffee Espresso and Cappuccino Maker
A cafe needs to serve various types of coffee as customers have various requests. The coffee maker from Mr. Coffee has 3 options that can make espresso, cappuccino, and latte in a single machine. It is easy to command as the control panel has all the things mentioned clearly. Auto turn-off option is available on the machine to reduce the wastage of energy.
The milk reservoir is visible and it makes the froth automatically for your latte and cappuccino. The machine has both manual and automatic options that give you the choice to operate the way you like.
It also has a 15 bar pump system to extract the perfect brewed coffee for the latte. However, it makes a single cup of coffee at a time that will make your customers wait for their coffee. Moreover, the water and milk reservoir should not be washed in the dishwasher.
9. Calphalon Temp IQ Espresso Machine
The Calphalon Espresso Machine has 30 different adjustable settings to make the perfect espresso. The water reservoir can hold 2.8 liters of water and has a hinged lid that makes the filling simpler. Espresso is about getting the perfect flavor and the 15 bar pump system brings out the perfect aroma of the coffee.
Moreover, the machine has a modern temperature control system that brews the coffee with the exact aroma. Another feature we like about this coffee maker is that it has a cup warming tray to keep the espressos hot after serving. It has buttons for 1 or 2 shots of espresso and you can manually operate it. The steam wand makes the ideal froth for making latte and cappuccinos.
10. Bunn 33200.0015 VPR-2GD 12-Cup Pour-Over Commercial Coffee Brewer
This commercial coffee brewer by Bunn comes with two glass decanters and features two warmers with one on the top and the other on the bottom. You don’t need to connect it to the plumbing, making it highly portable. It brews immediately and can make nearly four gallons of coffee an hour, which goes into the 12-cup decanters for convenience.This Bunn coffee maker has a traditional look similar to a home brewer and makes for an effortless option for pour-over coffee production. The two warmers can be turned on or off separately for situations where only one of them needs to be kept hot at a time.
11. Keurig K155 Office Pro Commercial Coffee Maker
This Keurig coffee maker has a great style that will look terrific anywhere and includes auto on and off settings for ease of use. The device has a pour-over water reservoir that can hold 90 ounces of liquid, so you can make 18 cups of coffee before you will need to refill it.
It also offers the option to quickly drain out the water and remove it from the internal hot water tank, so it can be transported in just a few minutes from one location to another.
Since this is a Keurig brand commercial coffee maker, it's compatible with over 500 types of coffee, tea, iced beverages, and specialty drinks from many different brands. It comes with a 12 count box with a variety of coffee types.
12. West Bend 33600 Aluminum Commercial Coffee Urn
If you need a commercial coffee maker that can hold up to 100 cups of joe, this model from West Bend offers that in a one cup a minute brewing speed. It lights up to let you know when the coffee is done brewing, and the interior water level markings allow you to easily see when it needs a top up. It also has a two-way dripless faucet for single-cup or continuous brewing options and comes with a brush and cleaning tool for even more convenience.There are many safety features included with this commercial coffee maker, including cool-touch handles, a heat resistant base, and a twisting lid to secure the top of the device. It also comes with a special aluminum coffee basket that removes the need to use endless paper filters.
13. Philips 3200 Series Fully Automatic Espresso Machine w/ LatteGo
The more way the coffee machine can brew the coffee the more you can enjoy the variety of coffee. Philips Fully Automatic coffee maker prepares 5 different coffee with a single tap on the command button. 12 grinding options give you the finest ground coffee.
The machine does not need frequent descaling as it has an Aquaclean filter. The feature that fascinated us about this machine is that you can control the length of coffee and milk serving. The high-speed frothing device makes the perfect creamy milk to serve with lattes and cappuccinos. Furthermore, it has 3 temperature settings to bring out the ideal consistency of the coffee.
14. Breville BES990BSSUSC Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
This Breville espresso maker comes with a touch screen feature which allows you to simply swipe the drink you want for the machine to start making it. It also offers automatic grinding, dosing, and tamping so anyone can use it.This commercial coffee maker also comes with a steam wand, so you can use hot or cold milk to create a microfoam for your favorite beverages. The only real issue with the machine is that it might be challenging to find replacement parts if something malfunctions.
15. Bunn 13300.003 VP17-3SS3L Pour-Over Commercial Coffee Brewer
This Bunn Pour-Over Commercial Coffee Brewer is one of the best of its kind and offers a convenient option for diners, family restaurants, cafes, and more. Using the coffee brewer is a cinch since all you need to do is pour in water and the coffee will start brewing immediately; it can even be directed straight into large decanters for guests. It comes equipped with a funnel splash guard, so you won't accidentally get doused in hot liquid or make a mess.Unfortunately, this model doesn't come with decanters, so you'll need to buy those separately if you don’t already have them. Otherwise, this is a great value and easy-to-use option for anyone familiar with traditional coffee makers.
The Essentials to Be Aware of When Purchasing the Best Commercial Coffee Maker
While there are lots of things to think about when choosing a commercial coffee maker, one of the most important is the style. There are so many types of coffee makers on the market today that it can be impossible to keep up with all of them. We're going to go over what some of the most common options are and then delve into some other factors that might matter when you make your final purchase.
Types of Coffee Makers for Businesses
The main types of commercial coffee makers that you are going to run into are the following:
- Decanter Brewers – These are the traditional form of coffee makers and they continue to be popular. Also called a drip brew, they make coffee by spraying hot water over ground coffee before dripping into a metal or glass decanter. These brewers are typically seen in places with a large stream of customers, such as family restaurants and diners with table service. Two types of decanters are standard on the market: the pour-over and automatic. Automatic models connect to your water supply and operate without much help, while pour-overs require someone to fill up the water tank in between batches manually. The coffee stays warm in a decanter through the use of heated plates.
- Airpot Brewers & Thermal Servers – This coffee maker is similar to a decanter except that the coffee goes straight into an airpot or a thermal server. This can be a good choice when the coffee may not be served right after brewing. A thermal server can keep the coffee tasting fresh for two hours or so, where decanter coffee starts to become bitter after around 30 minutes. When you offer self-service coffee, an airpot brewer can be a great choice. This coffee maker is most often seen at continental breakfast stations, in buffet lines, at quick-service restaurants, and in cafes that offer endless cups of coffee.
- Satellite Brewers – This is another option that works like the past two, except the coffee is placed in a large insulated server, which can be carried to another location and set up to dispense into serving vessels or coffee cups. Since this coffee maker is designed for high volumes, they also come in dual-brewer types. This makes it simple to serve coffee in locations with a massive demand like a conference center or large event. It uses insulation to keep the coffee warm, which gives it an edge over decanters, which use added heat that can make the coffee taste a little off after a while.
- Pod Coffee Brewers – Just as the pod coffee maker has become a staple in tons of homes around the world, it's also now being seen in a selection of businesses. This kind of machine makes a single serving of coffee each time from a small pod. The best place for a pod coffee maker is somewhere that serves only a limited amount of coffee each day or those that want specialty options that don't need to be brewed in large amounts. Pod makers can also be used in hospitality-type settings such as hotels where each room can house one of them. This type of coffee maker comes in both pour-over and automatic configurations based on your needs.
- Coffee Concentrate Machine – This kind of coffee maker is reserved for locations that have a need for a truly high volume of coffee, but otherwise can be a bit overkill. They aren't quite the same as a traditional coffee maker since they make coffee by combining concentrated coffee liquid and hot water for a nearly instantaneous beverage that can be made time after time. The machines can be set up for self-service, so they tend to be found in places like convenience stores.
Now that you know what kinds of coffee makers are on the market, we want to look into the most important factors when purchasing one.
Amount of Coffee That Can Be Made
When you're considering the amount of coffee you need from your coffee maker, think about how many people pass through your office or business and desire a cup of coffee regularly. In some situations, a single-serve option will do just fine, while in others, it will mean the coffee maker is being used 24/7. If you have lots of coffee lovers in the building, you might want to consider a drip coffee maker that can offer 10 or more cups each time it is brewed.
Coffee Preferences of Employees and Clients
Now that you know how much coffee you need to make, the next thing that should be on your mind is what kind of coffee is going to be enjoyed the most by everyone using the commercial coffee maker. Everyone is a little different, so it's worth considering which options are the most popular. It's far different to have a coffee machine that makes only traditional black coffee than it is to choose one that makes lattes, cappuccinos, and other espresso-based drinks.
You can save money if one type of coffee is all that is needed, but you also want to make sure you cover all your bases. Make sure the coffee maker offers what everyone likes to ensure everyone is happy with it.
Auto shut off feature
Usually, coffee is consumed while you are running for work. You might not always remember to turn off the coffee maker. Whether for office or home, keeping the machine on all the time is just a waste of energy. The coffee machines we mentioned in our article have an auto shut-off feature. If you own a cafe, you might think the auto turn-off feature is not necessary but your cafe is not always crowded with customers. So, we think it is ideal to buy a coffee machine with this feature.
Flexibility in controlling temperature
Temperature is important in brewing a perfect cup of coffee. The more the temperature, the more extraction from the coffee grounds. Not everyone likes the same strength and consistency of the coffee. For that, a coffee machine with an adjustable temperature option is necessary to serve the exact coffee the customer has requested from you.
Travel mug fits on the maker
We want to protect our nature from plastic and for that many people have switched to reusable travel mugs for coffee. The coffee shops are also trying to reduce the use of plastic by providing coffee on their travel mug. During the morning, the corporate people have coffee before entering the office. At home or cafes, the coffee maker should be able to fit the travel mugs so that you can directly pour the coffee on the mugs.
The coffee machine stays busy most of the time whether it is at the office or in cafes. Cleaning of the coffee bean holder and milk holder is necessary. Not all machine parts are suitable to put on the dishwasher. Some brands recommend hand washing the parts. Also, some coffee machines come with cleaning tools to clean the drips, pumps, and pipes. Make sure to check the cleaning accessories before finalizing which machine to buy.
Level of Convenience with Various Coffee Makers
In many cases, the best coffee maker is going to be one that is simple and straightforward to operate so anyone can use it. Some people will find putting in a pod and pressing a button the easiest method for making coffee, while others are going to be well-versed with making drip coffee. Consider what level of convenience is needed by those in your office or business and decide on the coffee maker accordingly.
You should also take time to consider whether you want a coffee maker that automatically fills a pot throughout the day or one that requires manual input. In most cases, the former is better for those who sell or hand out a large amount of coffee, while manual input is excellent if less coffee is being consumed daily. Remember that the automatic models do tend to be slightly more expensive.
Space Available to Accommodate the Coffee Machine
You might have a ton of space for your new commercial coffee maker or you might be working within the constraints of a tiny area, so it’s important to take this into account when making your decision. Some coffee machines are much larger, while others are more reasonably sized and will fit a smaller space. Make sure to take a look at the dimension of any coffee maker you are considering so you know whether it will fit where you want it to go.
If space is at a premium and the coffee maker is often placed in a cabinet after use, this often leads to it being used less as time goes on. This is one of the reasons it's crucial to see whether you have the right amount of space available before you make a purchase. If you aren't sure whether your space is large enough, look into return processes in case your first choice doesn't quite work out.
Is it necessary to use filters in coffee machines?
Filters separate the liquid coffee from the ground parts. The use of filters gives the perfect extraction of the coffee. However, you can make coffee without a filter but it might not be perfect liquid coffee.
How do the coffee grounds vary in the aroma of the coffee?
If the coffee beans are over ground, the coffee will taste bitter. Under grounded beans will not be flavorful. It actually depends on individual preferences how they want the flavor in their coffee.
Are the carafes safe to put in the oven?
The brands did not mention if the carafes are oven proof. Some carafe is made of thermal material to keep the coffee warm for longer. Whereas, some coffee makers have a warm plate at the base of the carafe to keep the coffee hot. We recommend not to put the carafes in the oven without ensuring they are oven-proof.
How often should I change the filters?
If the filters are reusable, you do not need to change the filter. If they are not reusable, we advise you to change them once or twice a month. It depends on how frequently you use your machine.
Whether you and your customers appreciate simple black coffee or espresso drinks, there is a great commercial coffee maker out there waiting for you. Even those who are looking at high-end models will find that you can save money if your coffee budget for the year falls through buying or upgrading your machine.The best commercial coffee maker is one that fits your level of business and how much coffee is used on a daily basis. It also should be convenient and easy to use, so it doesn't have to be staffed by someone around the clock. Any of the options above will fit many businesses' needs and offer all the features you could want in a coffee maker.